THE SIMS 4 LET’S PLAY SUMMARY
LIVESTREAM #3 - LIVE MODE
Live mode Let’s Play hosted by Shannon Copur and Matt Yang.
In a nut shell, The Sims 4 fails to deliver on all of its promises. The Sims don’t act appropriately, they’re not smarter, the routing isn’t better and the Sims interactions with each other are flawed.
There are some positives but they are few and far between all the shoddy gameplay.
REPLAY AVAILABLE HERE
If you’re short on time go ahead and skip forward to 43 minutes in to The Goth family and just watch the last 20 minutes of the broadcast play out.
- The clear plumbobs indicate the Sims are all in the social group.
- Sims can sit on the ottoman from all sides.
- Museum Venue: There is absolutely nothing unique or interesting to do or see.
- Sims doing push ups in the middle of the bar. Grant told us Sims would act appropriately in venues but that’s obviously not the case.
- Sims change clothes where they’re standing — it’s instant with no attempt at simulation.
Plan A Social Event has goals and medals to be earned.
- No new or unique gameplay to be found. If it wasn’t for the Main Goal menu with a list of quest objectives reminiscent of an MMO you wouldn’t even know it was a party.
- Some of the goals were having Sims listen to music and have drinks together at the same time. Which are ridiculous goals but, unfortunately, make sense given that the Sims are everywhere reading, playing chess and on the computer — if you want your event to look anything like a party you’ll be working for it.
- Even with a Call to Meal option — which was the main goal of the dinner party — Sims did not eat together. Some ate at the bar, some at the table and some didn’t eat at all.
The game. The Sims 4 fails to deliver on it’s promises and that becomes apparent once the gurus settled into the Goth house for a small amount of time.
- Insane clipping like we’ve come to expect — there’s no point in pointing it out anymore.
- Sims are constantly moving and repositioning themselves. There are so many examples of this I don’t even know where to start. Whether it’s reading, eating, or having a conversation they do not stay put.
- The book jumps out of Mortimer’s hand and just disappears. And he instantly spins into a new position. [44:00]
- Interactions randomly drop out of the queue or Sims just don’t do them. Watch the romantic interactions snuggle, kiss hands, offer rose etc. [45:00]
- The toilet fiasco running through out that ends with Mortimor peeing on the couch because he kept refusing to use a toilet. They even bought a brand new toilet (remember, there’s no NPC to call) trying to resolve the issue.
- Bella finds out she’s pregnant and just stands there lifelessly — no emotions to be found unless you consider moodlets to be emotions.
- Sims walk away in the middle of conversations and the Sim carries on talking to themselves.
- Sexy Pose. She poses behind him while he’s on the couch and he reacts. Sims seem to have no positional awareness at all. [58:40]
- Eating. Two Sims sit down to eat and one of them gets up from the table in the middle of eating and moves to a random chair (not at the table) to finish eating. [1:01]
- Mortimer continues to refuse to do interactions — like taking a bath — after he peed himself because he, again, wouldn’t use the toilet. Any toilet. [1:03]
And the gurus run down the hour going into build mode since the game was glitching so badly. This is why there’s no review copies of the game being made available — the game looks to be a mess and not fit for purpose.
Source: Twitch TV